Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Classes.

Finally,
officially I've started my university life,
though I still didn't get used to such hostel life,
those Terengganu food and also all those Terengganu Malay food,
but still,
life is life,
I came here for study,
finally I have my chance to review how will the study life would it be at here.

Here's a list of course I'm taking for this semester : -
Academic Writing Skills
Laboratory session for basic Chemistry
Statistics for Chemistry
Basic Analytic Chemistry
Basic Physical Chemistry
Basic Organic Chemistry
Basic Inorganic Chemistry
Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia
Hubungan Etnik
Pemimpin 1
My credit hours in this semester,
22 hours.
Yes, a killing number.
The three subjects in italic are seriously going to drive me crazy,
I expected that.

The first day's first lesson is Statistics for Chemistry,
followed by Laboratory session for basic Chemistry,
then end with Academic Writing Skills as the last class of the first day (Sunday, 8th September 2013).
During the first class,
there's a cute little cat suddenly jump into the class from no where,
and climb all the way up to the lecturer's stage,
everyone is laughing,
leaving me *facepalm* at a corner.
We're compulsory to buy our own lab coat, safety goggles, gloves and mask for the Laboratory session.
Erm, to be honest it's quite expensive,
but it's necessary,
for our own safety, 
a must-spend amount of money.
Academic Writing Skills,
the first impression when I have my glaze on the slideshows of the lecturer was : -
MUET
Pn.Vasantha came over my mind.
I sent an e-mail to her immediately when I got back to hostel after that,
I couldn't say any more other than Thank You,
she just so awesome,
I'm seriously lucky to have such awesome MUET teacher during my Form 6 life.
Conclusion of the day : -
This campus is small seriously,
but,
as a newbie,
walking from one class to another class that's literally like 2km away,
is exhausting.

Second day,
I'm having Basic Analytic Chemistry,
we had so much fun with the lecturer,
she's an awesome and cool PhD holder in Crime Scene Forensic Chemistry,
( CSI?! )
after that was Basic Inorganic Chemistry,
I'm lucky enough to have an associate Professor as my lecturer in my first year's first semester,
seriously so lucky.
Thank God.
I can feel it,
this Associate Professor is an awesome guy,
he got his PhD from UK's university at the age of 27,
get the pose Associate Professor in UMT before the age of 30.
*Salute*
After that,
we're having Basic Physical Chemistry class at the same room,
she gave Quiz in our first class. (WAIT WHAT?!)
Yeah a Quiz, but marks are not given.
Just a quiz to work our mind back to Chemistry lane,
quite fun.
Afterwards it's Academic Writing Skills class again,
but today we finally met the correct lecturer,
(yesterday's lecturer is lecturer for another Group, yes I went in the wrong class and I sat inside for 1 hour.)
we're separated into groups,
just like how Pn.Vasantha did to us during our form 6 classes.
Everything feel so smooth,
all these are because of Pn.Vasantha,
once again, Thank You so much.
I realize also,
this subject is actually much different from MUET,
but I'm sure that my MUET basic will help me a lot in this subject.
Conclusion of the day : -
Finally I don't have to run in leather shoes of 1.5inch heel and sharp-headed all around the campus just to get in classes by time. - -
Today,
the third day for my classes.
I'm getting more and more familiar with this campus,
and I've gain official access to the school library as well.
Things are sorting out fine,
at least I think it is.
I met my Basic Organic Chemistry lecturer today finally,
and my heart is calling me to open my book and review all Organic Chemistry topics that I learnt during Form 6.
I've met my direct senior, Yenyl today.
Direct Senior is like someone that's having the same course with you (a Chinese),
and he's like a facilitator and shares his experience, books and knowledge with you,
also to be your friend in this UMT.
Yenyl is seriously a cute guy,
he's awesome,
he like singing just like I do,
quite talkative,
I like the way he talk and all,
erm.
Conclusion : I'm glad that they're having such system and I'm glad that I met him, he's cool.
I'm staying up at 12:33AM right now,
just to type this blog post,
I'm having 8:00AM class tomorrow,
for Organic Chemistry. YOLO~

I have to,
I must,
share this song,
it's called Day of Destiny,
composed, arranged and performed by Erutan,
the lyrics, the music and the song itself is awesome.
As stated in the video,
it's the new BGM (Background Music) for Saint Haven (core town of Dragon Nest online).

We notch our bows and wait for the morrow
Cold is the night and nary a tear
For on the morn we head into shadow
There is no room for our fear

His eyes are cruel
His evil is endless
Black is his soul and ne'er will he rest
Till all the world lies covered in darkness
And none who'd fight him are left

Tha'nera Telezia (it means Day of Destiny in elvish language)
Fly straight and true
oh my arrow
The day of destiny comes
I'll follow the path only fate knows

Tha'nera Telezia
Forwards to glory my sisters
Today our hearts beat as one
When hope is the faintest of whispers

Our songs of fire, our footfalls of thunder
On we will go, this army of light
Though peril's storm may tear us asunder
For our dear home we will fight

Geraint, the Gold. 
Argenta, the Silver
Cloaked from our sight, yet saviors to all
When all seemed lost and blood ran in rivers
Down, the Black Dragon did fall

O'hark young ones the battle yet rages
Take up your bows there's no time for words
Go make your mark in history's pages
Let songs of your bravery be heard

For the past few weeks,
I've been listening to this song and also OST from Final Fantasy,
slowly I've gain back what I'm suppose to have,
my confidence,
my calm,
my mind.
BEHOLD,
here's my roommate!!
This blog post will show one of the 3 roommates first,
his name is Melvin,
Melvin Bong Wee Min.
(HELL YEAH SAME MIN AS MINE)
Thanks a lot to him that gave a lot of mental support to me,
I think he himself didn't know he did so,
but he's actually the one that preventing my mental status from collapsing more.
Thanks a lot for everything and hope I'll be a good friend for you as well.
He's taking Economics,
YES FUTURE ECONOMIST.
COME CLAP FOR HIM
Say hi to Mr.Melvin

Officially the first time we have dinner together, and this is what he ate "Nasi Pataya" and "Teh Ice"

A more clearer version of him sitting on his own chair inside our hostel room.
A random photo of a cat searching and eating grass.

- Fantasy . Lockheart -
Tha'Nera Telezia...
Dragon Nest SEA,
wait for me,
I'll get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment